Temporary Traffic Changes Between Duncanwoods Drive and Milvan Drive on Finch Avenue West
• November 13, 2023, to November 27, 2023,
• Work hours: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• There may be overnight and/or weekend work, if needed.
• Rolling temporary, sidewalk and crosswalk closures.
• Temporary relocation of TTC bus stops, if needed.
• Minor field modifications may occur when needed
to complete work safely and minimize impact on
• Between Duncanwoods Drive and Milvan Drive on Finch
• Road works.
As part of the Finch West Light Rail (LRT) project, crews will be performing curb works between Duncanwoods
Drive and Milvan Drive on Finch Avenue West. This work will begin on November 13, 2023, and will last for two (2)
These intersections will not be closed at the same time and may open intermittently during the work period when
Minor field modifications may occur when needed to complete work safely and minimize impact on the public.
There will be a Paid Duty Officer, flaggers, and detour signs to direct traffic, as needed.
Noise and vibration will be monitored when required during these activities.
• Work will primarily occur Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. There may be overnight and/or weekend work, if needed.
• Signs are installed to keep residents informed about the closure.
• Dates are tentative and may change. Please visit us at www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt for up-to-date information.
• Inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may delay work activities.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
• Due to the nature of the work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration associated with this work.
• Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks, and other construction equipment
caused by road work activities.
• Expect delays near work zones.
• A minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction along Finch Avenue West will be always maintained.
• There will be a Paid Duty Officer, flaggers, and detour signs to direct traffic, as needed.
PEDESTRIAN, TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
• Road and sidewalk restrictions are in place within the construction area to protect workers and the public.
• Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any
equipment or vehicle.
• Pedestrians will be re-routed around the construction area when possible. For safety reasons, pedestrians may be diverted to the
sidewalk on the opposite side.
• TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
• Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
• Access to TTC will be always maintained, please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.