Utility Work from Signet Drive/Arrow Road to San Romanoway
What: A crew will relocate hydro poles and start preparatory work for an underground duct bank (a duct bank is a concrete structure that encases cable) on Finch Ave. W., from Signet Dr. /Arrow Rd. to San Romanoway as part of the Finch West LRT project. Once relocated, outages will be required to switch power from the old to new infrastructure. Those directly affected by outages will be notified in advanced.
Hours of Work:
- Work is expected to start in May 2020 and last for seven months, approximately.
- Work will occur Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. However, lane disruptions will only take place during off-peak hours.
- Work may be delayed due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
What to Expect:
- Crews will start at Signet Dr. and work eastward to San Romanoway. They will work back and forth between Signet Dr. and San Romanoway during the five-month period as they complete the above-mentioned works plus hydro vac, pole installation, cable stringing activities.
- Once relocated, outages will be required to switch power from the old to new infrastructure. Those directly affected by outages will be notified in advanced.
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- Some noise related to construction equipment.
- Expect delays near work zones.
- No sidewalk closures expected. Pedestrians will be re-routed around the work zone.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- A minimum of one (1) lane of traffic in each direction along Finch Ave. W. will be maintained.
- Expect short-term lane closures of the curb lane in the area from May to the end of the year.
- Access to schools, churches, and businesses will be maintained.
- Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained.
Bus Stop Relocations:
- TTC bus stops in the affected area may be relocated for the safety of transit riders. Please watch for posted signs indicating the adjusted locations.
- Relocation and re-routing of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC to ensure construction can continue safely while minimizing impact on the community and customers.
Contact: For more information about the Finch West LRT project, please contact the Metrolinx Finch West LRT Community Relations Team at 416-202-6500 or email TorontoWest@metrolinx.com. Stay up to date by following us on Twitter @FinchWestLRT or visit www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt. Cet avis de travaux de construction est disponible en français sur demande. Si vous êtes intéressé, veuillez envoyer un courriel à TorontoWest@metrolinx.com.