Utility Relocation (Update) – Mid-August – October 2020
Since Spring 2020, crews have been undertaking underground civil work, telecommunications work and hydro pole relocations as part of the relocation of utilities for the Finch West LRT project. Starting in mid-August 2020 and to expedite this work as much as possible, crews will be working on the weekends as well for seven days a week until October 2020.
WHEN AND WHERE:
- Work began in Spring 2020 and will continue to October 2020
- In addition to weekdays, weekend work will start in mid-August until October 2020.
- Work will take place at Hwy. 400 and Finch Ave. W. as well as on Finch Ave. W. from Signet Dr./Arrow Rd. to east of Jane St.
- Work may be delayed due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
- Work will occur Monday to Sunday from 7am to 11 pm.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- Some noise related to construction equipment.
- Expect delays near work zones.
- Please take care when travelling near work sites.