UPDATE: Traffic Changes for Finch/Keele Area (Mid-March – June 2021)
Since April 2020, crews have been drilling and installing concrete piles to support the underground during excavation for the Finch West station on lots near the Finch Avenue West and Keele Street intersection. Currently crews are drilling in the roadway on the southwest and northeast sides of Finch Avenue West and Keele Street.
In preparation for the next phase scheduled for mid-March 2021, crews will set up new construction zones on the north side of Finch Avenue West between Romfield Lane and Keele Street. Work will continue on the northeast corner of Keele Street and Finch Avenue West.
Metrolinx’s contractor continues monitoring noise and vibration levels to make sure they are always within permitted ranges.
WHEN AND WHERE:
- Set up of the new work area on Finch Avenue West from Romfield Lane to Keele Street will start in mid-March 2021 and remain in place for two months, approximately.
- Drilling already underway on the northeast corner of Finch Avenue West and Keele Street will continue during this time.
- Drilling activity will take place from 7 am to 11 pm, Monday to Saturday.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- Noise and vibration from construction activity and equipment. Noise and vibration monitors are installed.
- Dust from drilling activity, which will be managed with water trucks during working hours.
- Flaggers on site when necessary to ease traffic access and ensure public safety.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the work zone.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites. Always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- Unforeseen circumstances and weather may affect the schedule.
PEDESTRIAN, TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
- Access to schools, churches, and businesses will be maintained, unless otherwise communicated.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles will be maintained.
- The sidewalk on the north side of Finch Avenue West, east and west of Keele Street, will remain closed.
- The north-south crosswalk located just east of Romfield Ln. will remain closed.
- Bus stop (# 2625), for routes 36/36A/336, located at the southwest corner of Finch Avenue West and Romfield Lane, will remain opened.
- Bus stop (# 2626), for routes 36/36A/336, will remain opened on the northwest corner of Finch Avenue West and Romfield Lane.
- Bus stop (#9149), for routes 41/107/341/941, located at the northeast corner of Finch Avenue West and Keele Street will be relocated a few metres to the edge of the road.
- Bus stop (#2611) located at the northeast corner of Finch Avenue West and Keele Street will be relocated to the east, closer to Tangiers Road.
- Bus stop (#2612) located at the southwest corner of Finch Avenue West and Keele Street will be closed.
- Access to TTC Subway Station will be maintained at all times.
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.