Update: Planned Temporary Power Outage – 5200 Finch Ave. W (August 7, 2021)
As part of the Finch West LRT Project, crews have been upgrading and relocating existing overhead and underground hydro utilities along Finch Avenue West. Outages are required to switch services to the new infrastructure. Temporary hydro shutoff is required at 5200 Finch Avenue West on Saturday,
August 7, 2021. This hydro outage is expected to last for 1 hour, approximately, if no unforeseen circumstances are encountered during the work.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Temporary power outages will affect 5200 Finch Ave. A qualified resident electrician or building maintenance staff is required to be on site to open
and close the electrical switch before and after the outage.
- During an outage, electric garage doors will not work. Please arrange to move your vehicle beforehand.
- Turn off all appliances and computers prior to the outage.
- Charge your mobile devices in advance.
- Always use caution around construction areas.
- Saturday, August 7, 2021 starting at 4:00 am for one hour, approximately.
- Unexpected circumstances (weather, equipment failure, etc.) may also change the above interruption plans or prolong the interruption. If this occurs, we will endeavour to provide reasonable notice.