Update: Continued Milvan Drive Closure at Finch Avenue West October 26, 2022 – January 15, 2023
- Finch Avenue West and Milvan Drive
- Milvan Drive closure at Finch Avenue West.
- Periodic sidewalk and crosswalk closures.
- Minor field modifications will occur when needed to complete work safely and minimize impact on the public.
- October 26, 2022– January15, 2023, approximately
- Work hours from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- There may be overnight and/or weekend work, if needed.
- Road works at Finch Avenue West and Milvan Drive.
As part of the preparatory works for the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) line, crews will be working grading and roadworks of Finch Avenue West and Milvan Drive. The work commenced on September 6, 2022, and will last until January 15,2023, approximately. Minor field modifications may occur when needed to complete work safely and minimize impact on the public. There will be a Paid Duty Officer, flaggers, and detour signs to direct traffic, as needed. We will continue monitoring noise and vibration levels during these activities to identify the need for mitigative actions.
- Work will primarily occur Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. There may be overnight and/or weekend work, if needed.
- Dates are tentative and may change. Please visit us at www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt for up-to-date information.
- Inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may delay work activities.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Heavy trucks and equipment will be working in the area.
- Signs are installed to keep local residents informed about the closure
- Due to the nature of the work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration associated with this work.
- Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks and other construction equipment caused by road work activities.
- Expect delays near work zones.
- There will be a Paid Duty Officer, flaggers, and detour signs to direct traffic, as needed.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
- Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times. Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.
- Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.