Underground utility work on Finch Ave. W between CP Bridge and Signet Dr. (January 2021 – August 2021)
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, Finch, crews will be rebuilding and relocating the underground electrical system along Finch Ave. W. between the CP Bridge, located east of Weston Rd., and Signet Rd. The work includes the replacement of the existing electrical cables, duct banks, and cable chambers. Work starts in early January 2021 and will last for seven (7) months, approximately.
WHEN AND WHERE:
- Work will take place Monday to Friday, between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Weekend work may occur, if needed.
- Overnight work will occur, as needed.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Due to the nature of the work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration associated with this work.
- Power outages will be necessary to switch from the old to the new electrical system. If that is the case, affected properties will be notified separately in advance.
- Flaggers will be on site when necessary to ease traffic access and ensure public safety.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the work zone.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
PEDESTRIAN and TPAFFIC DETAILS:
- Road and sidewalk restrictions are in place within the construction area to protect workers and the public.
- Pedestrians will be re-routed around the construction area when possible. For safety reasons, pedestrians may be asked to use the sidewalk on the opposite side of the street.
- In the event of any parking restrictions, advanced notice will be provided.
- A minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction along Finch Ave. W. will be maintained.
- Expect short-term lane closures of the curb lanes in the area.
- Access to schools, churches, and businesses will be maintained.
- Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained.
BUS STOP RELOCATIONS:
- TTC bus stops in the affected area may be relocated for the safety of transit riders. Please watch for posted signs indicating the adjusted locations.
- Relocation and re-routing of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC to ensure construction can continue safely while minimizing impact on the community and customers.