Underground Civil and Electrical work on Finch Ave. W. between Milvan Dr. and Jayzel Dr. (April- November 2021)
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, crews will be working on rebuilding and relocating the underground electrical system along Finch Avenue West between Milvan Drive and Jayzel Drive. The work includes the replacement of the existing electrical cables, duct banks, cable chambers and hydro poles. Work is anticipated to start in April 2021 and will last for seven (7) months, approximately.
- Work will take place Monday to Friday, between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Weekend work may occur, as needed.
- Work could be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Due to the nature of the work, there will be dust, noise and vibration associated with this work.
- Power outages may be necessary to switch from the old to the new electrical system. Affected properties will be notified separately, in advance.
- Flaggers on site when necessary to ease traffic access and ensure public safety.
- Expect traffic delays near work zones.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the work zone.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
PEDESTRIAN, TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
- Road and sidewalk restrictions are in place within the construction area to protect workers and the public.
- Pedestrians will be re-routed around the construction area when possible. For safety reasons, pedestrians may be diverted to the sidewalk on the opposite side.
- In the event of any parking restrictions, advanced notice will be provided.
- A minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction along Finch Ave. W. will be maintained at all times.
- Expect short-term lane closures of the curb lanes in the area.
- Access to schools, churches, and businesses will be maintained, unless otherwise communicated.
- Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained.
- TTC bus stops in the affected area may be relocated for the safety of transit riders. Please watch for posted signs indicating the adjusted locations.
- Relocation and re-routing of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC to ensure construction can continue safely while minimizing impact on the community and customers.
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information