Tree Removal Silverstone Dr. to East of Kipling Ave. (Mid-October 2020 – End of 2020)
As part of the construction of the Finch West LRT, tree removals are required along Finch Ave
West. Mosaic Transit Group (MTG), our constructor worked with an arborist to identify trees to
be removed because they are in the construction zone or damaged. Tree protection fences will
be placed around trees near to work areas.
All tree removals have been approved by the City of Toronto. Following tree removals, a crew
will remove curbs and asphalt along Finch Ave. West. Upon completion of the Finch West LRT
project, new trees will be planted in compliance with the City of Toronto’s Tree Replacement
Policy. The quantity and location of replacement trees will be decided with the City.
Trees approved for removal between Silverstone Dr./John Garland Blvd. and Farr Ave. will be
removed between October and December 2020. Our contractor’s approach is to leave the
trees for as long as possible and to only remove those affected by construction.
WHEN AND WHERE
- The tree protection and tree removals are scheduled to start in October, weather permitting.
- The removal will be intermittent until the end of the year.
- Removal and protection will take place on the north and south sides of Finch Ave. W. from Silverstone Dr./John Garland Blvd. to Farr Ave.
- From 7 am to 7 pm, including weekends
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Tree removals on the north and south sides of Finch Ave. W between Silverstone Dr./John
Garland Blvd. and Farr Ave. (see map above).
- Residents and businesses nearby should anticipate noise from chainsaws and woodchippers for the removal of trees.
- In addition to construction activity, residents can expect to see equipment and material storage within designated work zones.
PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC DETAILS
- Short-term, one-lane closures, as required.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Please take care when travelling near work sites