Tree Removal Signet Dr. /Arrow Rd. to Tangiers Rd. – August 13, 2020 – End of 2020
As part of the construction of the Finch West LRT, tree removals are required along Finch Ave West. Mosaic Transit Group (MTG), our constructor worked with an arborist to determine the trees that are to be removed. Tree protection fences will be placed around trees adjacent to work areas.
All removals have been approved by the City of Toronto. Upon completion of the Finch West LRT project, new trees will be planted in compliance with the City of Toronto’s Tree Replacement Policy. The quantity and location of replacement trees will be decided with the City. Trees approved for removal between Signet Dr. /Arrow Rd. and Tangiers Rd. are removed in phases. The first set was removed in fall 2019 and the remainder will be removed in 2020. Our contractor’s approach is to leave the trees for as long as possible and to only remove those affected by construction.
WHEN AND WHERE:
- The trees are scheduled for removal and protection starting on August 13th, 2020, weather permitting.
- The removal will be intermittent until the end of 2020.
- Removal and protection will take place on the north and south sides of Finch Ave W from Arrow Rd. / Signet Dr.to Tangiers Rd.
- From 7 am to 7 pm, including weekends
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Tree removals on the north and south sides of Finch Ave. W between Arrow Rd. / Signet Dr. to Tangiers St. (see map above)
- Residents and businesses nearby should anticipate noise from chainsaws and woodchippers for the removal of trees.
- In addition to construction activity, residents can expect to see equipment and material storage within designated work zones.
PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC DETAILS:
- Short-term, one-lane closures, as required.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Please take care when travelling near work sites