Tree Removal East of Kipling Ave. to Signet Dr./Arrow Rd. (Mid-October 2020 – End of 2020)
As part of the construction of the Finch West LRT, tree removals are required along Finch Ave West. Mosaic Transit Group (MTG), our constructor worked with an arborist to identify trees to be removed because they are in the construction zone or damaged. Tree protection fences will be placed around trees adjacent to work areas.
All removals have been approved by the City of Toronto. Following tree removals, a crew will remove curbs and asphalt along Finch Ave. West. Upon completion of the Finch West LRT project, new trees will be planted in compliance with the City of Toronto’s Tree Replacement Policy. The quantity and location of replacement trees will be decided with the City.
Trees approved for removal between Farr Ave. and Signet Dr. /Arrow Rd. will be removed between October and December. Our contractor’s approach is to leave the trees for as long as possible and to only remove those affected by construction.
WHEN AND WHERE
- The tree protection and tree removals are scheduled to start in October, weather permitting.
- The removal will be intermittent until the end of the year.
- Removal and protection will take place on the north and south sides of Finch Ave. W. from Farr Ave.to Signet Dr./Arrow Rd.
- From 7 am to 7 pm, including weekends
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Tree removals on the north and south sides of Finch Ave. W between Farr Ave. and Signet Dr. /Arrow Rd. (see map above).
- Residents and businesses nearby should anticipate noise from chainsaws and woodchippers for the removal of trees.
- In addition to construction activity, residents can expect to see equipment and material storage within designated work zones.
PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC DETAILS
- Short-term, one-lane closures, as required.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Please take care when travelling near work sites.