Traffic split from Jane Street to Driftwood Avenue (November 2021 till December 2022)
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, crews have been working on the final construction activities in the area between Driftwood Avenue and Jane Street along Finch Avenue West. In order to safely perform the work, traffic staging will be changed as shown above at the beginning of November 2021. It will remain in place till the end of 2022, approximately.
There will be one lane open in each direction and a dedicated left-turn lane at Jane and Finch intersection.
Signs will be posted to keep residents and businesses informed in advanced.
- Work will take place Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Overnight work may occur, from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. There may be overnight work on Saturday and Sunday, if needed.
- Signs will be installed to keep local residents informed about the closure.
- Dates are tentative and may change. Please visit us at www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt for up-to-date information.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise, dust and vibration from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks and other construction equipment caused by road work activities.
- Flaggers and Paid Duty Officers on site to ease traffic access and ensure public safety, as needed.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the work zone.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites.
- Always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- Unforeseen circumstances and weather may affect the schedule.
PEDESTRIAN AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
- Please take extra care when navigating near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.