Traffic split at Finch Avenue West and Romfield Lane (December 22, 2021- August 2022)
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, crews will be performing road work, boulevard, guideway and street lighting Installation at the Intersection of Finch Avenue West and Romfield Lane. To safely perform the work, traffic staging will be changed as shown above starting December 21, 2021. It will remain in place until August 2022, approximately. There will be a Paid Duty Officer, flaggers, and detour signs to direct traffic, if needed.
We will continue monitoring noise and vibration levels to make sure they are always within permitted ranges. Minor field modifications will occur when needed to complete work safely and minimize impact on the public.
- Work will take place Monday to Friday from 7 am to 5 pm
- There may be overnight/weekend work, if needed.
- Signs will be installed to keep residents informed about the closure.
- Dates are tentative and may change. Please visit us at www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt for up-to-date information.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise, dust, and vibration from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks, and other construction equipment caused by road work activities.
- Flaggers and Paid Duty Officers on site to ease traffic access and ensure public safety, as needed.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the work zone.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites.
- Always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- Unforeseen circumstances and weather may affect the schedule.
PEDESTRIAN AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
- Please take extra care when navigating near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- East crosswalk (north-south movements) and the north crosswalk (east-west movements) are closed.
- West and south crosswalks will remain open for north-south and east-west crossing.
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.