Traffic Changes for Finch/Keele Area (Late May – early July 2021)
Since April 2020, crews have been drilling and installing concrete piles and excavating for the Finch West station on lots near the Finch Avenue West and Keele Street intersection. Currently work is ongoing between Romfield Lane and Keele Street and in the southeast and northeast sides of Finch Avenue West and Keele Street.
In preparation for the next phase, scheduled for late-May 2021, traffic will be pushed to the
south side of Finch Avenue West, east and west of Keele Street and to the west side of Keele Street, north of Finch Avenue West.
Metrolinx’s contractor continues monitoring noise and vibration levels to make sure they are always within permitted ranges.
WHEN AND WHERE:
- Set up of the new work area on Finch Avenue West from Romfield Lane to Tangiers Road will start in late- May 2021 and remain in place for one month, approximately.
- Work will take place from 7 am to 11 pm, Monday to Saturday.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- During these works, nearby properties may experience noise and/or vibration.
- Water trucks to manage dust around the construction area.
- Flaggers on site when necessary, to ease traffic access and ensure public safety.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the work zone.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites. Always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- Unforeseen circumstances and weather may affect the schedule.
PEDESTRIAN, TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
- Access to schools, churches, and businesses will be maintained, unless otherwise communicated.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles will be maintained.
- The sidewalk on the north side of Finch Avenue West, east and west of Keele Street, will be closed.
- The west-east crosswalk on the north side of Finch Avenue West, at Keele Street, will be closed.
- TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
- Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information