Traffic changes at Weston Rd. and Finch Ave. W. (Late-March to Mid-May 2021)
As part of the works for the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) line, crews are starting preparatory works (tree and fence removals, median and pole removals, soil testing, etc.) and relocating utilities from east of Islington Avenue to west of Signet Drive/Oakdale Road. Crews will be working with equipment in multiple locations from now until the end of 2021, which may require traffic changes. The activities will primarily occur Monday to Friday. There may be some work on weekends.
Storm sewer installation is anticipated to start on the north corners of Weston Road and Finch Avenue West in late-March 2021, and will take two (2) weeks, approximately. As a result, temporary traffic changes will be made at the intersection as shown on previous page.
Once this work is completed, watermain installation will take place at the same locations for two more weeks and traffic changes will remain in effect. The watermain installation work is anticipated to start in late-April 2021.
- Late-March 2021 for two (2) weeks, approximately and in late-April 2021 for two (2) more weeks, approximately.
- Monday to Friday. Weekend work may occur, if needed.
- Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Due to the nature of the work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration.
- Some properties will experience water shut offs, or lower than usual water pressure. Affected property owners will be notified separately, in advance.
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- Expect traffic delays near work zones.
- Lane closures are required to safely conduct the work.
- At least one lane in each direction will be maintained.
- Access to businesses, schools and churches will be maintained, unless otherwise communicated.
- Please allow extra time for your journey.
PEDESTRIAN AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Please take extra care when navigating near work zones, and always make eye contact with the drivers.
- TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
- Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information