Traffic Changes at Norfinch Drive and Finch Avenue West Intersection. (Late-July 2021 for four weeks, approximately)
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, utility relocation is ongoing on Finch Avenue West, from Jane Street, home to the future Jane and Finch stop of the Finch West LRT, to Signet Drive, home to the future Signet Arrow stop of the Finch West LRT. As part of the watermain installation at Norfinch Drive and Finch Avenue West, there will be some traffic changes at the intersection (see map above).
Traffic changes will be in place for four weeks, approximately, starting in late July 2021. Signs will be posted to keep local residents informed in advanced.
A Paid Duty Officer will be managing traffic at Norfinch Drive and Finch Avenue West, as needed.
- Traffic configuration will be changed at Norfinch Drive and Finch Avenue West for four weeks, approximately, starting in late-July 2021.
- Work will take place from 7 am to 11 pm, approximately, Monday to Saturday.
- Signs will be installed to keep local residents informed about the closure.
- Dates are tentative and may change. Please visit us at www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt for up-to-date information.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A Paid Duty Officer will be on-site managing traffic, as needed.
- Due to the nature of this work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration around the work area.
- Access to businesses, schools and churches will remain open, unless otherwise communicated.
- Left turn traffic from southbound Norfinch Drive onto Finch Avenue West will be restricted.
- The sidewalk on the north side of Finch Avenue West, west of Norfinch Drive, will be closed.
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- Expect traffic delays near work zones.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
- Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.
- Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.