Traffic Changes at Driftwood Avenue and Finch Avenue West (Anticipated Timing: May 13, 2021)
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, work continues across Finch Avenue West. Guideway work will occur at Driftwood Avenue and Finch Avenue West, home to the future Driftwood Finch West LRT stop.
Guideway work includes installation of pole foundations, manholes, duct banks, trackwork and overhead cabling. During the work, access at Driftwood Avenue and Finch Avenue West will be limited to right-in and right-out traffic movements only. This temporary traffic change is anticipated to be implemented the night of Thursday, May 13 to the morning of Friday, May 14, 2021 and be in place for three weeks, approximately.
A portion of the guideway must be installed this spring to test the first set of light rail vehicles that will arrive in summer. The first portion of the track will be installed down the centre of Finch Avenue West between Norfinch Drive/Oakdale Road and Sentinel Road as well as at the Maintenance and Storage Facility (MSF), located on the west side of York Gate Boulevard. Road signs will be posted in advance to keep drivers and pedestrians informed of traffic changes to expect.
Work will primarily occur between 7 am to 11 pm; however, some work will need to be accomplished overnight. Work that causes higher noise or vibration levels will be prioritized before 11 pm and monitored, if needed.
- Traffic changes at Driftwood Avenue and Finch Avenue West, will be in effect for three (3) weeks, approximately.
- This traffic change is anticipated to be implemented the night of Thursday, May 13 to Friday, May 14, 2021.
- Road signs will be installed in advance to inform drivers and pedestrians of this change.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- The guideway work is ongoing at York Gate Boulevard and Finch Avenue West.
- Work will begin at the Driftwood Avenue and York Gate Boulevard intersections at Finch Avenue West on May 14, 2021.
- Traffic movements at Driftwood Avenue and Finch Avenue West will be limited to right-in and right-out only for three weeks, approximately.
- Jane Street and Topcliff Avenue will provide access to Driftwood Avenue during this work.
- Dust, noise and vibration from construction activities.
- TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
- Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information
- Once the guideway work at Driftwood Avenue is complete work at Tobermory Drive and Finch Avenue West will begin for three weeks, approximately.
- Please take extra care when navigating near work sites and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- Work could be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
- Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.