Temporary Power Outage (Sunday, November 8, 2020)
As part of the Finch West LRT Project, crews have been upgrading and relocating existing overhead and underground hydro utilities between in the Humber College Blvd. and Hwy. 27 area. Outages are required to switch the hydro lines from the current location to the east side of Hwy. 27.
A temporary hydro shutoff is required at Humber College. This hydro outage is expected to last for four (4) hours starting at 9 a.m. if no unforeseen circumstances are encountered during the work.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Temporary power outage will affect the following address:
- Humber College.
- A qualified resident electrician or building maintenance staff is required to be on site to open and close the electrical switch before and after the outage
- During an outage, electric garage doors will not work. Please arrange to move your vehicle beforehand.
- Turn off all appliances and computers prior to the outage.
- Charge your mobile devices in advance.
- Always use caution around construction areas.
- Sunday, November 8, 2020, starting at 9 a.m. for 4 hours, approximately.
- Unexpected circumstances (weather, equipment failure, etc.) may also change the above interruption plans or prolong the interruption. If this occurs, we will endeavour to provide reasonable notice.
- Please note this date is tentative and work could be rescheduled.