Storm mainline installation at Duncanwoods Avenue and Finch Avenue West (November 8-22, 2021)
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, crews will be installing storm mainline with manhole at the intersection of Duncanwoods Drive and Finch Avenue West, future home of Duncanwoods Stop. To safely perform the work, a safe pedestrian path will be created on the north side of Finch Avenue West and Duncanwoods Drive as shown above. The work is scheduled to start on Monday, November 8, 2021, for approximately two weeks. There will be flaggers at the entry and exit points of the path to direct traffic.
We will continue monitoring noise and vibration levels to make sure they are always within permitted ranges.
- Work will primarily occur Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Signs are installed to keep residents informed about the closure.
- Dates are tentative and may change. Please visit us at www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt for up-to-date information.
- Inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may delay work activities.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- Due to the nature of the work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration associated with this work. Noise and vibration monitors are installed in the area.
- Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks and other construction equipment caused by road work activities.
- Expect delays near work zones.
- A section of the sidewalk on the north side of Finch Avenue and Duncanwoods Drive will be closed during the duration of this work
- Pedestrian path will be created to reroute pedestrians safely around the work zone.
- Signage will be in place to direct pedestrians to alternate routes.
TRAFFIC AND TTC DETAILS:
- Please be careful when navigating near construction zones.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- Noise and vibration monitors will be installed, as needed.
- TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
- Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.
- Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.