Road Closures for Utilities Installation at Finch Avenue West and Highway 400 (October 15-25, 2021)
As part of the preparatory works for the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) line, crews have been relocating utilities in the vicinity of Finch Avenue West and Highway 400. Crews will install storm sewers and do road woks at Finch Avenue West and Highway 400. The work will be done in three stages:
- Stage 1 – East North Ramp closure for road works from October 15, 2021 at 10:00 p.m. till October 18 at 5:00 a.m.
- Stage 2 – East-South Ramp closure for sewer works on October 16, 2021 at 7 am till 8:00 p.m.
- Stage 3 – West -South Ramp closure for road works from October 21 at 10:00 p.m. till October 25, 2021 at 5:00 a.m.
Metrolinx’ contractor will continue monitoring noise and vibration levels to make sure they are always within permitted ranges.
- Friday, October 15, 2021 at 10 p.m. until Monday, October 18, 2021 at 5 a.m.
- Saturday, October 16, 2021 from 7 a.m. till 8 p.m.
- Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 10 p.m. till Monday, October 25, 2021 at 5 a.m.
- Higher noise or vibration activities are scheduled before 11 pm and levels are monitored.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- During these works, nearby properties may experience noise, dust and/or vibration
- Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks and other construction equipment caused by road work activities.
- Water trucks to manage dust around the construction area, if needed
- Flaggers on site when necessary, to ease traffic access and ensure public safety.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the work zones.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites. Always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- Unforeseen circumstances and weather may affect the schedule.
PEDESTRIAN, TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
- Access to schools, churches, and businesses will be maintained, unless otherwise communicated.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles will be maintained.
- TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
- Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information