Partial Closure of West Humber Trail in Humber Arboretum (October to November 2020)
As part of the Finch West LRT project, a crew will relocate utilities in the vicinity of the future Humber College Station site, located on the southwest corner of Highway 27 and Humber College Blvd. As part of that work, they will install a new storm drain outfall in the Humber Arboretum’s ravine just west of Hwy 27 along the West Humber Trail. Outfalls reduce the amount of sediment and erosion in water bodies. During the outfall installation, the north leg of the West Humber Trail will be closed to protect the public. The work is expected to take about two weeks.
WHEN AND WHERE:
- The north leg of the West Humber Trail (see map above) will be closed until November 2020, approximately.
- Pedestrians will be able to use the south leg of the trail.
- Work may be delayed due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Temporary closure of the north leg of the West Humber Trail.
- Placement of erosion and sediment control devices before construction begins.
- Heavy trucks and equipment will be active in the work area.
- Excavation to install pipes.
- Please take care when walking near work sites.