Overnight Work. Utility Crossings from Norfinch Drive/Oakdale Road to Sentinel Road (May 10 to Mid-June 2021)
As part of preparatory works for the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) line, crews have been relocating utilities (e.g., sanitary sewer, storm sewer and watermain) along Finch Avenue West. The crews will now complete utility crossings in several intersections from Norfinch Drive, future home to the Norfinch Oakdale Finch West LRT stop, to Sentinel Road, future home to the Sentinel Finch West LRT stop.
Utility crossings will take place at Norfinch Drive/Oakdale Road, York Gate Boulevard, Jane Street, Driftwood Avenue, Tobermory Drive and Sentinel Road.
Work will take place 24 hours a day, seven days a week, starting as early as May 10, 2021 until mid-June 2021, approximately.
- Monday to Sunday, day and night
- Work will start on May 10, 2021 and last until mid-June 2021, approximately.
- Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Due to the nature of this work, at times there will be noise and vibration around the work area.
- Work anticipated to have a higher noise or vibration impact is prioritized before 11 pm.
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- Expect traffic delays near work zones.
TRAFFIC AND PEDESTRIAN IMPACTS
- At least on lane in each direction will remain opened at all times on Finch Ave. W.
- York Gate Boulevard, north of Finch Avenue West, remains closed at Finch Avenue West as part of the guideway work.
- Access to businesses, schools and churches will be maintained, unless otherwise communicated.
- Please allow extra time for your journey.
- Please take extra care when navigating near work zones, and always make eye contact with the driver.
- TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
- Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information