Overnight Utility Work between Tobermory Dr. and Sentinel Rd. along Finch Ave. W – August 19 – September 7, 2020
As part of the construction of the future Finch West Light Rail (LRT) line, crews will work extended hours on Finch Ave. W. between Tobermory Drive and Sentinel Road to place hydro pipes across the road (road crossings). The work involves removing and excavating asphalt, replacing pipes, then backfilling and re-asphalting the roadway. Night work is required every night between 6 pm and 6 am from Wednesday, August 19 to Monday, September 7, 2020: Works anticipated to have higher noise or vibration will be prioritized before 11 pm and a noise monitor will be installed.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Minimal overnight noise from construction equipment as well as site lighting can be expected.
- A noise monitor has been installed.
- Extended work hours will be from 6 pm to 6 am, approximately.
- Extended work hours will be required every night from Wednesday, August 19 to Monday, September 7, 2020.
- This work may be delayed or rescheduled due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances.