Overhead and Underground Electrical Work From Sentinel Road to Tangiers Road – June 2020
What: Starting in June 2020, our constructor Mosaic Transit Group (Mosaic) along with designated subcontractors for the Finch West LRT project will be working to rebuild and relocate the overhead and underground electrical system along the project corridor (please refer to map below). The rebuild includes the replacement of existing electrical cables, duct banks cable chambers and hydro poles. This work supports the construction of the Finch West LRT project.
When and Where: Starting in June 2020 and lasting for seven (7) months, approximately.
The boundaries include Finch Ave. W. (North), Tangiers Road (East), Finch Ave. W. (South) and Sentinel Road (West).
Hours of Work:
- Work will take place Monday to Friday, between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- Weekend work may occur, if needed.
What to Expect:
- Noise, dust and vibration from construction activity and equipment.
- Power outages may be necessary to switch from the old to the new electrical system. If that is the case, we will provide advance notice of planned outages.
- Flaggers on site when necessary to ease traffic access and ensure public safety.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the work zone.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- Operational factors and weather may affect the schedule.
Pedestrian and Traffic Details:
- Road and sidewalk restrictions are in place within the construction area to protect workers and the public.
- In the event of any parking restrictions, advanced notice will be provided.
Contact: For more information about the Finch West LRT project, please contact the Metrolinx Finch West LRT Community Relations Team at 416-202-6500 or email TorontoWest@metrolinx.com.
Stay up to date by following us on Twitter @FinchWest LRT office or visit www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt.