North Sidewalk Closure at Finch Avenue West from Albion Road and Kipling Avenue (Week of October 4, 2021- November 5, 2021)
As part of the construction of the future Finch West Light Rail Train (LRT) line, crews are relocating utilities along Finch Avenue West. To safely perform the work, the north sidewalk on Finch Avenue West between Albion Road and Kipling Avenue will be closed starting the week of October 4, 2021 for four weeks, approximately. The south sidewalk will remain open on the south side of Finch Avenue West.
- Work will take place Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Signs will be installed to keep local residents informed about the closure.
- Dates are tentative and may change. Please visit us at www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt for up-to-date information.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A Paid Duty Officer will be on-site managing traffic, as needed.
- Due to the nature of this work, at times there will be noise, dust and vibration around the work area.
- Vibration monitors will be installed, if needed.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.