CASUAL (RELIEF) RECEPTIONIST POSITION (minimum 14 hours/week)
Black Creek Community Health Centre is a community based non-profit organization that provides primary health care and health promotion programs and services to residents within its catchment area of Northwest Toronto. The Receptionist provides front desk duties that includes welcoming clients, responding to phone enquiries as well as various clerical and administrative support functions. Reporting to the Administrative Services Manager, this position involves work at both of our locations: Sheridan Mall and Yorkgate Mall.
- Perform reception, clerical and administrative support duties
- Triage and handle all incoming calls
- Provide information for telephone and walk-in enquiries and refer people to appropriate staff person or other resources as needed
- Greet and check in clients arriving for appointments and other services
- Monitor patient flow: welcome & screen clients, alert providers of client’s arrival, etc.
- Prepare, update, retrieve and file charts electronically
- Receive, send, sort and handle all mail including courier documents
- Scanning and uploading of clinical documents into clients’ charts
- Working flexible hours (evenings and/or Saturdays) is a requirement
- Handle other duties as required and/or as assigned by supervisor or designate
- Medical Administration Diploma or equivalent education and experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in language other than English (i.e. French, Spanish, Vietnamese, etc.) is an asset
- Two to five years’ office or customer service experience, preferably in a healthcare or social service setting, is an asset
- Experience with multi-line telephone system
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including medical software. Familiarity with Telus Practice Solutions Suite (PSS) is an asset
- Sensitivity and awareness of cultural, racial, economic and socially diverse communities
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, confidentiality and professional office etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-passed environment
Salary: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour, based on skills & experience
Application Process: Please send current resume to: email@example.com
Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria will be contacted further. Although we may not contact you directly for this particular role, all applications will be reviewed, as we would like to consider you for future opportunities that may be appropriate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org