Installation of Temporary Streetlights on Finch Ave. W from Kiskadee Dr. to Kipling Ave. Mid-September – End of 2020
As part of the construction of the future Finch West Light Rail (LRT) line, crews will install temporary streetlights on the north and south sides of Finch Ave. W. from Kiskadee Dr. to Kipling Ave. Some preparatory works are needed, including:
- Removal of four trees
- Trimming of eleven trees
- Temporary removal and replacement of fences.
Preparatory works and installation of streetlights are anticipated to start in mid-September 2020 and last for three months, approximately.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Noise, dust and vibration from construction activity and equipment.
- Noise from chainsaws and woodchippers for the removal of trees.
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- Work will take place from 7 am to 7 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Work on weekends may occur, as needed.
- This work may be delayed or rescheduled due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances.
PEDESTRIAN, TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
- Access to businesses will be maintained, unless otherwise communicated.
- Work will move west to east, from Kiskadee Dr. to Kipling Ave. Expect temporary pedestrian rerouting around work zones.
- Bus stop (#4489) located on the northeast corner of Silverstone Dr. and Finch Ave. W. will be
relocated further east.
- Bus stop (#2610), located on the southwest corner of Silverstone Dr. and Finch Ave. W., and bus stop (#2616), located on the south west corner of Finch Ave. W. and Martin Grove Rd., will be relocated to the west.
- Access to the TTC will be maintained at all times.
- Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information