Humber River Bridge Rehabilitation Finch Avenue West and Islington Avenue (Mid-February-Summer, 2022)
As part of the preparatory works for the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) line, crews will continue working on the rehabilitation of Humber River Bridge in the vicinity of Finch Avenue West and Islington Avenue. The southeast quadrant work was finished in summer 2021 and the northwest quadrant work Is nearly completed.
Crews will work on the north-east and south-west quadrants, starting mid- February 2022.
- Stage 3 – North-east quadrant: mid – February – May 2022
- Stage 4 – South-west quadrant: May – Summer 2022
To safely perform the work, a metal fencing securing the perimeter of all work zones will be installed. There will be a Paid Duty Officer, flaggers, and detour signs to direct traffic as needed. North and south sidewalks will remain open.
- Work will primarily occur Monday to Friday from 7 am to 5 pm. There may be overnight and/or weekend work, if needed.
- Signs are installed to keep local residents informed about the closure.
- Dates are tentative and may change. Please visit us at www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt for up-to-date information.
- Inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may delay work activities.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
- Due to the nature of the work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration associated with this work.
- Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise from excavators, bobcats, vacuum trucks and other construction equipment caused by road work activities.
- Expect delays near work zones.
PEDESTRIAN AND TRAFFIC DETAILS:
- Please be careful when navigating near construction zones
- Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
- TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
- Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
- Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.