Extended: Overnight Utility Work between Driftwood Ave. and Keele St. along Finch Ave. W (September 21 – October 22, 2020)
As part of the construction of the future Finch West Light Rail (LRT) line, crews will work extended hours on Finch Ave. W. between Driftwood Ave. and Keele St. to dig a shaft for a road crossing and a trench on a boulevard to install underground hydro ducts. They will also undertake high voltage utility work. Night work began on Monday, September 14, 2020 and will be extended to Thursday, October 22, 2020. Night work is required every night between 6 pm and 6 am. Works anticipated to have higher noise or vibration will be prioritized before 11 pm and a noise monitor will be installed.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Minimal overnight noise from construction equipment as well as site lighting can be expected.
- A noise monitor has been installed.
- Extended work hours will be from 6 pm to 6 am, approximately.
- Work began on September 14, 2020 and has been extended to October 22, 2020
- Extended work hours will be required every night during this period.
- This work may be delayed or rescheduled due to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances.