Community Update: Norfinch Drive/Oakdale Road to Weston Road (September 2021 – late 2021)
As part of the construction of the future Finch West Light Rail (LRT) line, work continues across Finch Avenue West, from Norfinch Drive to Weston Road to relocate utilities and widen the road. Those activities and other works will continue throughout 2021.
Work will primarily occur between 7 am to 11 pm, however, some work will need to be accomplished overnight. Work that causes higher noise or vibration levels will be prioritized before 11 pm and monitored, if needed.
For updates, visit us at www.metrolinx.com or follow us on Twitter at @FinchWestLRT.
ONGOING AND UPCOMING ACTIVITIES
Norfinch Drive/Oakdale Road to Weston Road:
- Storm and sanitary sewer as well as watermain installation work across Finch Avenue West continues, including overnight work as needed
- Activities to widen Finch Avenue West continue
- Hydro and telecommunications work continues, including overnight work
- Rehabilitation work at Finch and Highway 400 is ongoing
- Construction of the Multi-use Path tunnel on the south side of Finch Avenue West is ongoing until the end of the year around the Highway 400
- Overnight work to expect throughout 2021 includes:
- Activities to rebuild and relocate underground electrical system
- Storm and sanitary sewer installation
- Watermain installation
- Road widening
- Hydro and telecommunication relocations
- Work will primarily occur Monday to Saturday, from 7 am to 11 pm. There may be work on Sunday, if needed.
- Overnight work will occur Monday to Saturday, from 11 pm to 7 am. There may be overnight work on Sunday, if needed.
- Inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may delay work activities.
- Lane reductions (at least one lane in each direction will remain open on Finch Avenue West.)
- Slower traffic
- Local sidewalk closures
- Due to the nature of this work, at times there will be noise and vibration around the work area.
- Overnight work
- Access to businesses, schools and churches will be maintained, unless otherwise notified
- Please take extra care when navigating near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle
- Water shut offs or lower than usual water pressure. Affected properties will be notified separately, in advance
- Power outages to switch from an old to new electrical system. There will be advanced notice of planned outages
- Sidewalks and intersection closures
- TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated, as needed, in consultation with the TTC
- Transit access at all times. Updates available at www.ttc.ca