Temporary Traffic Changes at Signet Drive, Arrow Road, and Finch Avenue West
• Signet Drive, Arrow Road, and Finch Avenue West.
• October 13, 2023, to October 16, approximately.
• Work hours: 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and overnight 6:00
p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
• There will be weekend work.
• Arrow Road and Signet Drive will be limited to right-in and
right-out only movements on to Finch Avenue West.
• Arrow Road open at Sheppard Avenue West and access for
Signet open at Steeles Avenue.
• Rolling temporary lane closures.
• Periodic sidewalk and crosswalk closures.
• Temporary relocation of TTC bus stops, if needed.
• Minor field modifications may occur when needed
to complete work safely and minimize impact on
• Rail adjustment works.
As part of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) Project, crews will be doing rail works along Finch Avenue West
and Signet Drive and, Arrow Road.
The work is scheduled to start on October 13, 2023, and will last till October 16, 2023, approximately. To safely
perform the work, the temporary traffic staging as shown above will remain in place from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
and overnight 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., if required.
Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
Please take extra care when navigating near work sites, and always make eye contact with the driver before
crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
Minor field modifications may occur when needed to complete work safely and minimize impact on the public.
Noise and vibration will be monitored when required during these activities.
• Work will primarily occur Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. There will be
overnight and/or weekend work 6 p.m. to 6 a.m., if required.
• Signs are installed to keep residents informed about the closure.
• Dates are tentative and may change. Please visit us at www.metrolinx.com/finchwestlrt
for up-to-date information.
• Inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances may delay work activities.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• Heavy trucks and equipment in the area.
• Due to the nature of the work, at times there will be dust, noise and vibration
associated with this work.
• Nearby businesses and residents can expect noise from excavators, bobcats,
vacuum trucks, and other construction equipment caused by road work activities.
• Expect delays near work zones.
• A minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction along Finch Avenue West will be
• There will be a Paid Duty Officer, flaggers, and detour signs to direct traffic, as needed.
PEDESTRIAN, TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT DETAILS:
• Road and sidewalk restrictions are in place within the construction area to protect
workers and the public.
• Please take extra care when walking near work sites, and always make eye contact with
the driver before crossing in front of any equipment or vehicle.
• Pedestrians will be re-routed around the construction area when possible. For safety
reasons, pedestrians may be diverted to the sidewalk on the opposite side.
• TTC bus stops will be closed or relocated away from work zones, as needed.
• Relocation of bus stops is done in consultation with TTC.
• Access to TTC will be always maintained, please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.