Board Member Opportunity
NOTICE OF INTEREST
The Nominating Committee looks to identify preferred board member qualities such as:
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to support the building of the BIA's reputation
- Bring unique skill sets (i.e., finance, public relations, marketing, real estate, legal, retail, urban planning) or experiences of particular value to the Board.
- Have demonstrated good leadership and stewardship through industry or community involvement
- Have strong communications and interpersonal skills (i.e., the abilities to work well as part of a team, contribute reasoned opinions, and to accept and support decisions reached by the Board)
- Have the ability to set aside personal priorities and work towards the betterment of the BIA.
- Have the ability to commit the time and resources to serve on the Board and its subcommittees.
- Previous board experience an asset, but not required
- Strive to meet the standards set for a local City board such as the Emery Village BIA
All applicants will be contacted by email from an Emery Village BIA representative in order to begin the essential candidate processing and to schedule an interview with the Nominating Committee.
Those granted an interview will meet with members of the BIA's Nominating Committee that will nominate the three candidates to the Board of Management.
All on-line applications must be received no later than August 20, 2019
Interested applicants must download the fillable form and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org